Sunday, October 6, 2013

Zomtober first Ghoul, under the wire.

I had to rush but I finished the first ghoul for the Zomtober painting challenge under the deadline. It started here at Eclectic Gentleman Tabletop Gamer and his Zomtober challenge.


Basic skin, I started from a black prime. Then a coat of burnt umber over model and base. Then Shadow grey and a codex grey dry brush.


Then scorched brown on the mouth, bone club and loin cloth.


Next I used graveyard earth dry brush on the club. Then a bleached bone dry brush on the club. Scab red on the mouth. The loin cloth Tanned flesh dry brush. Then a chestnut ink/future wash on the club and loincloth. Leprous brown wash on the base.


Last, blood red on the tongue. Skull white dry brush on the bone club, nails, teeth and eyes. Elf flesh dry brush on the Loin cloth. Finally on the base I did and antique white dry brush and edged it with leaf green.

He is painted to match the oop metal Ghouls I originally painted back in 2005. It is a quick and dirty scheme but I think it turns out a tabletop or better standard.

ColKG

3 comments:

pulpcitizen said...

Nicely done, and a satge by stage talk through too!

Michael Awdry said...

Great job Colonel, off to a flying start Sir.

ColKillgore said...

Thanks, I had the camera handy, so I thought why not. I am planning to do the rest the same.

ColKG