Tuesday, August 20, 2013

25th Anniversary of Slaves to Darkness

August is the 25th anniversary of the release of the Slaves to Darkness Realms of Chaos tome. The first time I saw the book was when my army buddy Becker brought it back to the barracks and the rest was history. Becker choose to roll up a Khorne Warband and I rolled for a Slaanesh Warband. we went random and my first Hero was a Slaanesh Sorcerer


The first Slaanesh model I ever owned and still in its original paint.


Later I had a Chaos Warrior join the band and this is him. He is still in his original paint but needs to have a few touch ups. I painted them both using an AD&D pastel paint set and a basic games workshop paint set.

This one warband is the reason that I have a Chaos warrior army, Chaos Daemon army, Beastman army and Dark Elf army. The first Chaos Warriors ended up as the core of my current army. I ended up getting a group of Daemonette followers and a couple Fiends of Slaanesh that formed the core of my current Chaos Daemon Army. One of the first followers I rolled was a group of beastmen and they were the beginnings of my current Beastmen army. The Beastman army also included the chaos thug archers I rolled for the warband. I field the thugs as ungor skirmisher archer. Last I rolled a group of Slaanesh worshiping Dark Elves. This prompted me to buy the warhammer regiment box that had ten models of six different races. Thinking about it that box is the reason I have a Wood Elf, Dark Elf, Orc, Goblin and Dwarf armies. I wish I would have bought a dozen of those boxes.

I had an immense amount of fun playing games with the different warbands. I wish Games workshop would bring back a similar warband style game or just republish Mordheim, (which is the reason I have a Skaven army).

ColKG

No comments: