Monday, December 24, 2012

Progress on Skeleton Archers

I made some more progress on the skeleton archers for my retro Undead army. I assembled more archers mostly using the old skeleton archer bits from the old Skeleton army box from back in the day and newer skeleton bodies..


The first rebuilt archer. The arms came from the old box set on a new torso and legs. I had to shave down the neck so I could get the head to turn the way I wanted it to.


The new unit assembled and ready for primer. I had four of the original skeleton archers so I had to build six more. I had five of the old style bits so I had to use one box from the newer set. It is left most on the back rank. The interesting part is that the old archer bit have the bow in the left hand while the newer bits have the bow in the right hand.  I guess all the newer tomb king skeletons are left handed.

ColKG

3 comments:

Orlygg said...

Looking good there. An interesting mix of eras too.I'm interested to see what you do with the paintwise.

Orlygg said...

Looking good there. An interesting mix of eras too.I'm interested to see what you do with the paintwise.

ColKillgore said...

Thanks. I have them primered now and started painting the base coat. I hope to have them finished by the end of the Christmas Holiday.