Friday, July 20, 2012

Adeptus Mechanicus Army on Parade

After finishing painting the Third platoon for my Adeptus Mechanicus Imperial Guard army I had to reorganize my display cabinet to get them in. So I took the opportunity to set the army out for a parade. I started collecting Adeptus Mechanicus models before I thought about building an Adeptus Mechanicus army. Then along came tim Huckleberry and his Adeptus Mechanicus codex. I read up on the codex and wanted to build an army using it but it was a work in progress and unit options were prone to changing, So I can up with the Styrene rod shoulder mount. This way i could glue what ever gun I wanted to the model and if the option changed I could easily remove it and replace it. Soon after this a new Imperial Guard codex came out and included regiment doctrines, one of which was cyber enhancement. So I could field the army as a regular Imperial Guard army and have some Adeptus Mechanicus flavor.



The Army on Parade. It consists of three infantry platoons, a heavy weapon platoon, an Imperial Robot Maniple, an Electro Priest squad, a scout sentinel squadron, and armored sentinel squadron, two imperial guard land speeders, an Enginseer section, and a Shadow sword super heavy. I also have a motor pool of other vehicle but they are boxed up at the moment.

 The Shadow Sword is from Forgeworld. I consider it the center piece of the army and still plan to add a bit more detail to it eventually.
 The Enginseer section. I really dig the Enginseer models and have collected up a bunch of servitors so I can field about any combination of them that I want.
 This is the Original Magos for my Adeptus Mechanicus army. He is an oop Space Marine that I gave a staff and a hand flamer. The Model behind him is an oop Tech priest but he makes a good enginseer too. I have some more of the oop Tech Priests and a set of the Skull tech priests but they are still waiting for the right mood to stirke before I paint them.


My two Imperial Guard land speeders. I hated it when the Guard lost their speeders. One is Complete and the other on the left I received in a trade with no weapons. I used an old ork heavy plasma gun for the plasma cannon and I think it looks close enough. I still field then but use them as an armored sentinel with a plasma cannon.


The two sentinel squadrons. The Scout sentinel squadron I finished recently. I magnetized the gun mount and have autocannons and multilasers for all three. The Armored sentinel squadron actually started as a catachan sentinel squadron I traded for and then bit ordered the parts to make then armored sentinels. I always like fielding then to see my opponent scramble to drop them before I get an angle on their armor.
The First Platoon. These are mostly from the latest batch I painted up. I went for a final skin highlight and they came out much lighter than the rest of the force. looking at the pictures it looks like I am going to have to go back and do another flesh highlight on the rest of the army. The two squads are armed with meltaguns and lead by a Tech adept. The Adepts are old Delaque hive gangers that I painted up to use as the no frills sergeant. The command squad has a flamer, heavy flamer, a medic, a platoon standard and a officer with a power fist and las pistol. The officer is an unconverted catachan officer but with the paint job he blends in well.

The Second platoon. You can really tell the difference in the flesh tones in this platoon. Comparing the command models and the rank and file I really need to go back and do another highlight. The two squads are lead by the newest built models the two sergeants with power axes and bolt pistols. Both squads have meltaguns. The command squad follows the pattern with a flamer, heavy flamer, medic, standard and officer with a power axe and a plasma pistol.
The Third Platoon. This is the support platoon. each squad has a tech adept, a grenade launcher and a autocannon. the command squad has three plasma guns, a medic and an officer with a power sword and a bolter. The medic is actually an old master vox conversion but will work as good as a medic in my opinion.

The Heavy weapon platoon. Another oldie but a Goldie, I finished painting this up just in time for the newest codex to come out, drop the heavy weapon platoon from the codex and make my heavy weapon platoon redundant. I can still use them as heavy weapon squads and as heavy weapon teams in the squads so no major loss. The command section has a flamer, a heavy stubber, a vet with laspistol and chain sword, a lasgunner and a officer with a bolter.
The model reserve and a special weapon squad. The squad has a heavy flamer, a melta gun and a flamer. In hindsight a special weapon squad can't take a heavy flamer so swap out the heavy for a regular flamer. I had three extra lasgunners so I put them with the special weapons. The other unassigned models are a delague techadept, two delaque heavies with conversion beamers, two models with plasma pistols, two models with bolters, a lasgunner, a flamer, an officer with a power fist and plasma pistol and another catachan officer with a power fist and a las pistol. I fielded the conversion beamers as lascannons before I collected up the bits to build all the delaque las cannons.

The Electro Priest squad, another option from Tim's Adeptus Mechanicus Codex. Basically a group of looneys that run around and shoot lightning from their hands. They carried no weapons and had electoos that channeled the energy. I painted the electoos on their back and down their arms which You can't see, oops.

The Imperial Robot Maniple, six of the seven robots are converted to use with Tim's codex. three have autocannons, three have plasma cannons and the last has a back mounted heavy bolter. I have the back packs and other heavy weapons for them but now I can field them as sentinels so I will leave them for the time being. The Techmarines are in training and the tech adept is a conversion from an old plastic space marine scout sergeant to have an auspex and an assault stubber.

Last is Colonel Elvo , his command squad with a medic, a heavy flamer, a flamer and the Regimental Standard. The standard is my latest attempt at freehand and looks good enough from three feet away. I am still working on the army and have a bunch of vehicle to back it up. If I can get someone to cover my on call at work I am planning to make the First War for Armageddon apocalypse battle in September and along with a bunch of Leman Russes and chimeras  the majority of these will compose my Traitor Shadow Sword Domination formation.

ColKG

4 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

Awesome stuff! Must be fun to break out the whole force for the apoc games.

ColKillgore said...

I have only fielded parts of the AdMech in Apocalypse games. If I get to go to the First war fir Armageddon apocalypse game in September I plan to field a good chunk of them as dark mechanicus in a maxed out traitor shadow sword domination force.

ColKG

Chuckaroobob said...

WHAT? DARK Mechanicus?!?!??! Mars never went bad. Come on over and serve the Emperor!

ColKillgore said...

I beg to differ, Somebody should brush up on their Horus Heresy history lessons.

ColKG