Friday, October 17, 2014

Khemru for Wargods of Aegyptus

Hi Kids,  Yeah, I've managed to take paint brush in hand and accomplish something recently!  Those events are getting fewer and farther between all the time. I have always liked the Wargods of Aegyptus rules (my name's even in the 2nd ed as a backer!) and figures, and at H-con this summer I picked up a few more.  After all, you can never have too many figs!
 These are the Khemru slingers I bought.  You know, that means they only lurked in the Basement of Heaped Miniatures for a couple months before applying paint!  Considering most figs sit around for 10 years or so that is amazing!  The fastest I ever got was 5 Battlefront KV-85's, from purchase to finished in 24 hours!  Just to make it more difficult, I painted them camo, not just KV-1 green.  Anyway, my Army Builder Stain has been going all wonky so I used Kel's Magic Sauce to wash these lads.  Not the same, but it'll do.
 Next up for the paintbrush, two TKS Tankettes from the 1939 Polish Army.  These are Bolt Action resin vehicles I picked up at Brookhurst Hobbies a year or two ago. I should've put a fig in there for scale, as these things are ridiculously tiny.  I mounted the 20mm cannon on both, I had intended to mount one with the MG, but it was such a skinny barrel I figured it wouldn't even make it to the first game intact.  Funny thing is, I am not going to build a Polish army.  I just thought these looked cool.  Probably end up using them in Pulp or Early WW2 games in some way shape or form.
"The Face that Launched 1000 Ships", it's Helen of Troy from Wargods of Aegyptus!  She was a special deal available from Crocodile Games during the Kickstarter for the soon-to-be-released Greek book.  The book was due in Sept, so it's only a tiny bit late.  And the kickstarter generated a huge amount of new figs; I'm positively panting for the new Amazons to be released!

1 comment:

ColKillgore said...

Painted mode3ls are painted models no matter how long they took to finish.

You might not have an army to go with them but I think those tankettes would make an excellent vehicle to take dinosaur hunting.

ColKG