Wednesday, October 8, 2014

AD&D 1988 Rafm Dwarves

I have been reorganizing some of my models and came across some of my AD&D models from way back in the day. These models are some I painted up in maybe 1992 for a game shop that is now out of business. The owner wanted some painted models to sell. He asked me to paint them and paid me a commission when they sold. I didn't make much money but had fun painting the models. When the the shop was closing he gave me the models that didn't sell.


Pictures don't lie and I mostly block painted them. I have improved a great deal since then.


rear of the first model



A second Rafm 1988 Dwarf.


The bad part about this one is I left the mold line across the shield. At the time I didn't worry about the mold lines so much but now it just looks bad to me.

I am tempted to go back. clean up the mold lines, give the model a future/ink wash ans then highlights. It might be a great fix but they will look a lot better.


ColKG

2 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

It would be interesting to see what they look like with a touch up.

When I was a kid there was a store one year on holiday that to my memory had tons of pewter dwarves on display. The shop was closed at it was an evening walk.

I never did find it again and never though much of it until I actually started this hobby in high school.

It does bug me wondering what exactly they were!

ColKillgore said...

I agree they will look better with a good touch up. I painted these fast, a long time ago.