Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Battlewagons and Wargods of Aegyptus

 Hi Kids, Been bitten by the painting bug pretty hard lately.  That means I've painted more than one hour in the past week.  Here we have the mighty Potemkin, renamed the Pantelimon after the mutiny.  Now that I've looked up how the spell the name I've noticed in the picture there are many 3rd rate guns jutting out all over the hull sides, so I guess I've have to go back and add them.  Bummer!  Just when you thought you had accomplished something....  arg......  Anyway, this is another of the mighty 1:600 scale Russian "Age of Ironclads" ships from Old Glory/Merrimack Shipyard.  I really dig these things, I'm going to start working on a few Japanese ships soon.
Yet another Arg, this time I forgot to set the appeture to get all these guys in focus.  Oh well.  These are a unit of Heru archers for Wargods of Aegyptus, a game I've been intending to get into for the past 10 years or so.   I thought I might try to paint one unit every month this year but so far I've been repeatedly sidetracked.

And just in case you thought that was the only sidetrack, just two days ago I started painting up some 25mm Tiger Miniatures Spanish-American War Spanish infantry.  Although I dearly love the age of rifles, I can't stand the ole "sausage roll" method of carrying kit.  There are entire lines of figs I've avoided due to this.  I've been trying to get figs which lack this abomination, but unfortunately they are few and far between.  Perhaps this is another good time for an "arg..."

Just for laughs on TMP there was a thread "What's on your painting table?"  Actual figs physically on the table:

In 25mm: SPAM War Spanish, Nappie Russians, Zulu War Brits, Company B Brit Trucks, Lance and Laser's Scoulder and Mully and some greys from their "Not XFiles" range, Grenadier Call of Cthulhu figs, a single WW1 Brit from Foundry, some kind of wierd sci-fi drone, and some of Pulp Mini's Cultists.  Oh yeah, and a helicopter.
In 15mm: an Old Glory sci-fi tank, some Quality Castings AMX-13's.

1 comment:

ColKillgore said...

it would seem that there might be some Russo-Japanese War Naval Wargaming approaching in the near future.

ColKG