Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Here is another GameOnGw 40k League related project. My original plan for the league was to play my Praetorians but after determining the number of conversions I would have to accomplish to field the army I wanted, I decided to field my Catachan army instead. One problem is that all the sentinels I have assembled are either Armored sentinels or Praetorian sentinels. I wanted to field some Scout sentinels so had to build them. I had planned to do this years ago so I had the sentinels on hand. I debated whether to make them dedicated Catachan sentinels or a generic sentinel and went for generic. I save the regular sentinel pilot heads to use for someday expanding my Elysian Drop troop army so a found a few Valkyrie crew heads and used them for the pilots.
I want to be able to get multi use out of the models so I magnetized the weapons. I used 3mm magnets. A word to the wise always test polarity in the magnets. I used the first weapon to test all the hull magnets. Then after all the hulls were dried I used one to test the rest of the weapons. Right now I have multi lasers and auto cannons for all three and I may add more later. My current list calls for the autocannons so they will see the table first.
The sentinels came from different batches and had different plastic bases. I saved the plastic bases and will mount them on resin bases that I cast.
In the quest for WYSIWYG I wanted to mount smoke launchers. I tried adding them to the front or on the engine but they didn't look right. Then I decided to add them on the rear of the waist. I think they look like tail feathers and can't wait to see them painted up.
I want to do a detailed interior and didn't get them finished so I had to play my first couple league games with a proxy. I have primed the cockpits, started the painting and hope to have the interiors done before this weekend.